Hello everyone! Welcome to Light Creative!
Wow, this has been a long time coming. Let me give you a little backstory:
- Well, first, my name is Kelly. Hey! Head over to my Welcome page to learn more about me.
- I've had a camera in my hand for as long as I can remember (originally just disposable cameras!) and was always the friend who documented all our events and fun times with photos. I started offering photo sessions during college, and I began doing photography professionally from 2013 to 2015 after graduating from graduate school at JMU, alongside my full-time teaching job in Virginia. Back then, my business was Kelly Hudgins Photography & I posted all my work on my previous blog.
- My husband Andrew and I discerned a call toward community and seeing God in a new way, so we participated in a service year called Mission Year in Houston, TX from 2015 to 2016. During that time, I did a lot of revisioning and dreaming about what God wants to do through my photography business and how I could set it up logistically within what I'm feeling called toward.
- August 2016, we moved to Raleigh, NC! Raleigh felt like the best place for us to settle for a number of reasons, and it has NOT disappointed. We've bought a house, adopted a dog, and fallen in love with our neighborhood in Southeast Raleigh.
- Feeling called to serve a diverse group of people while also being able to make a living from photography, I took a lot more time to work on logistics of pricing, business structure, etc. This took longer than I wanted, but several people have reassured me that my business and I needed that time in order for the vision to become reality exactly the way it has - and you know what? - that's true. My business would look different and less like God's vision for it if I had jumped right in. Now I'm able to offer pay-what-you-can sessions alongside my fully-paid sessions, and I'm really excited about that.
- I formed my LLC in the spring of 2017, and I'm pumped to be launching this website now! This website will be home base to find out information about Light Creative, and this blog will stay up-to-date with recent sessions, weddings, and other musings from my life.
- I purposefully don't specialize in any one type of photography, because I care about my relationship with you, and I want to capture your life throughout the years to come - from engagements to weddings, anniversaries, newborns, family sessions, senior sessions, and all the beautiful times in between. Please contact me if you've got something in mind for me to capture! I'd love to chat and connect with you.
I'll be posting more in the days & weeks to come, but that's a quick little intro for now! - as well as a few photos from recent sessions, below :) What kind of photography blog would have a bunch of words but no pictures?!
Happy spring, and if it's still chilly where you are (as it is here), stay warm & soak up the sunshine when you can!
With light & love,